There are many different recipes for goat milk soap, but here is a popular and simple one:
- 16 ounces of goat milk
- 6 ounces of coconut oil
- 6 ounces of olive oil
- 6 ounces of palm oil
- 2.2 ounces of lye (sodium hydroxide)
- Put on gloves, goggles, and a long-sleeved shirt to protect your skin from the lye.
- Slowly add the lye to the goat milk while stirring gently until it dissolves completely. The mixture will get hot, so be careful not to splash it.
- Melt the coconut oil, olive oil, and palm oil in a separate pot on low heat.
- Combine the lye and goat milk mixture with the melted oils in a large bowl. Mix well until it reaches a light trace (when the mixture thickens to the point where it leaves a trail when dripped back into the bowl).
- Pour the mixture into a soap mold and cover with a towel to keep it warm. Let it sit for 24-48 hours until it hardens.
- Remove the soap from the mold and cut it into bars. Let the bars cure for 4-6 weeks before using.
This recipe is a basic recipe, and you can add scents, colors, and other ingredients to make it your own. Be sure to follow proper safety precautions when making soap and always use a reliable and tested recipe.